I’m taking a break from my usual posts about workplace dysfunction to report news of more significant gravity: Dunkin’ Donuts and CareerBuilder have teamed up on a national survey to identify the occupations with the heaviest coffee drinkers.
Chris Reidy of the Boston Globe (after all, Dunkin’ is a local brand) provides the list, in rank order (link here):
1) Food Preparation/Service Workers
3) Sales Representatives
4) Marketing/Public Relations Professionals
5) Nurses (Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
6) Editors/Writers/Media Workers
7) Business Executives
8) Teachers/ Instructors (K-12)
9) Engineering Technicians/Support
10) IT Managers/Network Administrators
For all of you whose occupations didn’t make the list, get over it and have another cup or two. I’m a little miffed that neither of my main venues, higher education and law, are on it, but at least this gives me a goal to work toward.